Monday, June 8, 2009

Miracles

Ray and I used to quote something we found on a button somewhere. "We don't believe in miracles. We depend on them."

I can assure you today that miracles do happen. By all rights, my friend in Idaho should have died in his kitchen. Failing that, he should have been a brain-dead body by the time he got to the hospital.

Here's the essence of the email that hit my inbox this morning: "J recognizes all of us - he called with our daughter (someone was with him all night in he hosp) & he told me he loved me, he doesn't know what happed, etc. Brain waves are pretty good. He is responding to commands well. There should be a plan sometime today as to what will be done & where. It will be a long haul, but that's okay - one day at a time with Jesus sitting by our sides...."

They must have an awesome cardiac care unit in Boise. My friend is working his guardian angel overtime.

Give thanks for the skilled medical personnel who respond to emergencies, large and small, all over the world.

Look for something that happened today that gives evidence of the Creator's work in your corner of the world. Stuck? The sun rose this morning. We woke up. Most of us got out of bed. That's a start.

Don't forget to pray.

1 comment:

Your comments remind me that I am not writing into a vaccuum, or simply for personal therapy. Please comment often!