Sunday, March 13, 2011

Please Visit the Elephants!


My friend and former co-worker, D, visited the elephants who live one county north of her family's home near Jamestown, Tuolumne Co., California.  The preserve has been around for a number of years and has always been on my "Someday I'll get there" list.  Just haven't made it yet.  

Here's the organization's website for an overview of their work.

D spends half her life with her father and step-mother on the family ranch in California.  Then she climbs in her mini-motorhome and treks cross-country to Austin, Texas to spend time with her daughter and granddaughter.  Except that I could never happily drive the distances involved, it is an enviable life style.

Dream big!
Give thanks for those who care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments remind me that I am not writing into a vaccuum, or simply for personal therapy. Please comment often!