Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

Easter. Bunnies. Eggs. Spring. Daffodils. Gold-white-orange-yellow. Wildflowers, carpets of blue or white or yellow on green.
Easter. Risen Christ. Faith. Love. Endurance. Perseverance. Trust. Example.
Easter. Joy. Promise. Forward movement.

And so we have come full circle. I couldn't face an Easter service this year. Last Easter's music brought too many tears. I keep the little tag from inside the plastic egg from Mountain Lutheran Church in Groveland tucked in the corner of a framed photo of Ray: He is Risen Indeed! Now Mr. Purrkins' ashes are there on the shelf with Ray's picture. And a 4" pot of miniature daffodils.

I am thinking more and more about being back in Groveland. I long for the QUIET. The "to-do" list is growing, both for en route and once I get there. I might feel different about going back if I had my own space in Hawaii that wasn't governed by my parents' schedules and preferences. Right now that's not possible, and defeats the purpose of my being here at all. On the other hand, I have been able to do lots of evaluating and know myself better than I have in a long time. This is a very good thing.

Halleluia! HE is risen indeed!
Look for that silver lining.... give thanks .... keep praying ........!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments remind me that I am not writing into a vaccuum, or simply for personal therapy. Please comment often!