Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Mystery

I'm reading a mystery book. It's not a mystery story. It is a mystery how the book came into my possession.

It arrived one day in the mail. It was from Amazon.com. The return address included the name of a friend.

Yesterday I thanked the friend for the book and asked him what he thought about it. He said I have my wires crossed. He's never heard of the book. But it is recommended by those who liked another book we both enjoyed.

When you read this, Mr Auphinger, go find a copy of "Church of the Dog". It will take you into uncharted waters, but I believe it speaks to some of the issues you are currently pondering. These sentences leaped out at me. "Most people understand life and death. Few understand life and death and life. But gardeners do...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments remind me that I am not writing into a vaccuum, or simply for personal therapy. Please comment often!