Tuesday, March 16, 2010

More Selvages

Hey, quilters and other needleworkers!  Remember the selvage quilt that I commented on earlier this year?  Posted the image, then sent you off to look at the creator's blog?  This use of selvages -- other people's waste -- fascinates me.  I don't know whether it's the idea or the look.   So here's another example of garbage-to-useful, garbage-to-attractive.  How do people come up with these ideas?   Be sure to check out the creator's blog.  Scroll down to the entry of March 13 2010.

Take a look at what goes in your garbage.  Is there something there you can really reuse?  Or that someone else can use?  If you're not a garage sale or thrift shop person, have you discovered Freecycle?  If you're going to throw it away anyway, check the web your local Freecycle.  Yesterday in Honolulu someone wanted grass clippings.  For their compost pile.  Go figure.

Now how did I get from quilting to compost?

Give thanks for something.  Anything!  Don't forget to pray....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments remind me that I am not writing into a vaccuum, or simply for personal therapy. Please comment often!